Wednesday, July 27, 2011

TV Geek Out: Mad Men now available on Netflix streaming

Photo from AMC.com
I'm sad for the people in the world who haven't seen Mad Men.  Not only is it a great a show, it brings Jon Hamm to my television for 13 hours a year when it airs. Set in New York in the 1960s the show follows the lives of employees from the advertising firm Sterling Cooper.  At the center of the show is advertising executive Don Draper, played by the aforementioned Jon Hamm.  Don is married with two kids, but that doesn't stop him from being being quite the ladies man.

The set and costumes for the show are amazing and really bring you to that time period. The whole show captures the feel of New York and the advertising world at that time. I caught the first two seasons from iTunes and all I can say is I felt like I needed to drink and smoke all the time.

If you haven't seen the show now is your time to catch up... all four seasons are now available on Netflix streaming! This is also good news for fans who, like me, are sad that the new season was pushed back due to contract negotiations. Even though I own the first three seasons on Blu-ray this streaming option will allow me to re-watch episodes when I'm not at home!

For other Jon Hamm fans out there here is a link to Tumblr devoted to him... you're welcome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment